If you suffer from hearing loss, talking on the phone can be frustrating. The good news is, there’s an easy way to make telephone conversations a lot more pleasant.
The CaptionCall phone was designed for people who have a difficult time hearing on the telephone. It’s easy to use, and provides a captioning service, quality amplification and other special features that make it easy to hear and understand.
The best part? It’s FREE! If you have a medically recognized hearing disability, then the CaptionCall phone is completely free to you.
How it works: The basics are the same- you dial, answer, and talk just like you would with a regular phone. CaptionCall uses technology and a communications assistant to convert the caller’s words into text, which then appears on the phone’s display screen almost instantaneously.
- The CaptionCall phone has a long list of great features, including:
- The first and only captioning phone that meets the TIA’s strict amplification standards for people with mild, moderate and severe hearing loss.
- Large, easy-to-read 7” touch screen
- Large, adjustable text sizes
- Secure and accurate captioning
- Save captioned conversations and store contacts
- Telecoil loop connection
Find the longer, more detailed list of CaptionCall features on their website.
So, how do you get your own CaptionCall phone?
Simply tell your audiologist you would like a CaptionCall phone. After your doctor completes the Professional Certification Form, CaptionCall will contact you to schedule the delivery of your phone. All you need is a standard home phone line and internet connection, and CaptionCall will provide you with:
- Free phone (with professional certification)
- Free captioning service (no monthly bills)
- Free delivery, installation and in-home training
If you are ready to talk on the phone with confidence, come see one of Center for Hearing’s audiologists Dr. Linton, Dr. Cash, or Dr. Boyd. They would love to set you up with a CaptionCall phone, and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
CaptionCall also offers a mobile app for iPad. It has all the same features as the phone, and enables you to make and receive captioned phone calls from your iPad. This is also free, but you will need a CaptionCall account, an Apple iPad 2 or later, and Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection.
Stop dreading phone calls, and start enjoying them by getting your own FREE CaptionCall phone!